We would like to thank the residents of Baldwin Lake & the surrounding areas for their support & enthusiasm for Tri Greenville since 2013. We realize the road closures & extra people can be an inconvenience at times, but we hope by providing you with as much information as possible that we can help ensure a positive experience for you as well.
The location of the event is in large part the reason for its success however, we realize it requires some sacrifices by you, the Baldwin Lake & surrounding area residents. It is our goal to minimize the impact the event has on you & to ensure you are prepared for Race Day as well. Please read through the following information carefully & do not hesitate to contact Greenville Area Recreation & Community Center at 616.754.9163 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, complaints. etc. It is our goal to ensure we accommodate your needs as best as possible to limit the disruption Tri Greenville may cause you.
Tri Greenville – Saturday, June 2, 2018
- West Baldwin Lake Drive from the Beach House to the west end of the beach will be CLOSED starting at approximately 7:00am on Friday, June 1st until approximately 5:00pm on Saturday, June 2nd (see ‘Transition’ area-highlighted blue on map below). This section of the closure will not prevent any residents from accessing their homes however, you must seek an alternative route to avoid this short section of the street.
- The roads around Baldwin Lake as highlighted yellow below, will be CLOSED on Saturday, June 2nd at 5:00am-3:00pm. This is for the safety of everyone. Vehicular traffic will not be allowed on the roads unless it is an emergency. If you plan to leave/arrive during this time, we will provide a golf cart shuttle to designated parking areas described below.
- Shuttle Service Hotline: Coming Soon – We hope you can stay home to cheer on the athletes as they pass your house, but we understand they may be a need for you to get in or out during that time. If you know or suspect that is the case, we have a designated parking area at Camp Wah Wah Tay See for you and we will transport you to/from your car or home. The Shuttle Service will be available any time on Friday (June 2) or Saturday (June 3) for the residents affected by this street closure. The hotline will be active starting at 5pm on Monday, May 28, 2018. Please contact us any time thereafter if you know you will need to be shuttled to your vehicle/home. If you need transportation from the Camp to your home on Friday evening or following the event to retrieve your car, we are happy to transport you both directions, just give us a call on the hotline! Please give us as much notice as possible and allow time for us to get to you.
- The event swim area will be CLOSED to all motorized boat traffic from 8am-11:30am on Saturday, June 2nd.
- Finally, we would like to encourage you to get creative to show your support for the athletes, they love to see the encouraging & humorous signage, sidewalk chalk messages, cheering, etc.