FALL SOFTBALL LEAGUE
Men’s & Co-Ed Divisions
Sponsor Fee: $400.00 (All Divisions)
Player Fees: $17 Resident / $25 Non-Resident
Online TEAM Registration Opens: June 15, 2017
Online PLAYER Registration Opens: August 7, 2017
Priority Registration Deadline: July 21, 2017
Final Registration Deadline: July 28, 2017
* The priority deadline is designated for those teams that played in the 2016 Greenville Recreation Department Fall Softball League. If you register by the priority deadline, you will be guaranteed a team in the league. Any NEW team registrations or registrations received after the priority deadline will be first-come, first-serve.
||Co-Ed Lower League
||Men’s Upper League
||Men’s E League
||Co-Ed Upper League
|All players must register prior to play. Players may register online or at the Recreation Office.
2017 Registration Information & Procedure:
Team & Player Registration: Managers must submit their Team Registration, Sponsor Fee and a Roster (minimum 9 players required) prior to the deadline. The team registration and sponsor fee may be submitted online or at the Recreation Office. The team roster must be submitted on the Summer Softball League Roster Form to the Recreation Office prior to the deadline. Once the teams have been reviewed and approved by the Softball Advisory Board, individual player registration will open on August 7, 2017. Thereafter, individual players may register online or at the Recreation Office and pay the corresponding player fee any time prior to play.
Eligibility Review: Immediately following the deadline, the Softball Advisory Board will review rosters to ensure each team meets the eligibility requirements for that league. The Softball Advisory Board has the authority to dismiss any team not meeting the eligibility requirements. A full refund will be issued for the sponsor fee and any players fees if they are dismissed from the league prior to the start of league play.
Late Player Registration: Additional players may be added to a roster any time prior to the last league game under the following conditions. 1) The players must meet the eligibility requirements for the league. 2) The player must register at the Greenville Recreation Office or online paying the corresponding player fee and signing the liability waiver prior to play. 3) Late registered players are eligible to compete immediately following registration however; the player will remain a Probationary Player pending eligibility approval by the Softball Advisory Board. It can take up to 7 days for review by the Advisory Board. The Greenville Recreation Department will notify the player and the team manager if any player fails to meet the eligibility requirements for the league. Refunds will not be issued if a player fails to meet the eligibility requirements after they have played in a game. Players are NOT permitted to add to a roster after league play has concluded no exceptions.
Upper League Player Rule: Players may participate in two leagues under the following conditions:
- Men’s League: No more than 3 players from an upper MEN’S LEAGUE may participate on a single Men’s lower team. Comment: Participation in the upper Co-Ed division does not impact the Men’s League eligibility.
- Co-Ed League: No more than 4 players from an upper MEN’S and/or CO-ED League Team may compete on a single lower team; of those 4 players, no more than 2 may be men.
Bat Compression Testing & Stamp REQUIRED!
All bats must be tested (using the Bat Compression Tester) and stamped with the Official 2016 Greenville Recreation Sticker prior to use. Compression testing will be conducted at the date, time and location listed below.
|Bat Testing Schedule
|Date & Time
|August 14 – End Of Season
|First night of the game play for each division
30 min. prior to the start of first game to 15 min. after start of last game.
|Alan G. Davis Softball Complex
2017 Greenville Recreation Summer Softball League RULES (coming soon)
Important 2017 Rule Changes
Be sure to read through the 2017 Rule Book for complete details.
- Rule IV.E. Music Rule – playing of music will be permitted as long as it right is not abused. The music volume may not interfere with the umpire’s ability to communicate effectively with the players and must meet the noise ordinance set forth by the City of Greenville. The music must be appropriate and free from profanity and explicit content. The umpires and league supervisor has the right to restrict playing of music if they deem it as inappropriate or interfering to the game in any way.
- Rule VI.C. Line Up Cards – all managers are required to turn in a completed lineup cards to the umpire and the opposing manager during the pregame meeting (minimum five minutes prior to the game time. The game will not begin until the umpire receives the line-up card (the umpire may start the game clock if rosters are not turned in an appropriate amount of time).
- Rule XII.B.5. Pitching Rule – The pitcher shall deliver the ball toward home plate on the first forward swing of the pitching arm past the hip with an underhand motion. The palm of the pitcher’s hand may be over or under the ball.
PROGRAM LINKS & DOWNLOADS:
Click on the links below for additional information.